Porcelain veneers are a very popular cosmetic dental treatment these days. Only few other procedures have the potential to completely transform the look of a person’s smile like porcelain veneers.
- Highly stain resistant
- Can last for up to 20 years with proper care
- Easily maintained
But as with most cosmetic procedures, there comes a downside alongside. Not everyone is a good candidate to get veneers done.
- Patients who grind their teeth
- Patients with decayed or weak dentin
- Patient with severe periodontal disease
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Closes gaps between teeth
- Straighten teeth alignment
- Improves teeth color and shape
- Repair chipped or misshapen teeth
- can cover tretracycline stains and other discolorations
Types of Porcelain Veneer
E-max veneers & IPS Empress
- Highly esthetic
- Superior strength
- Natural looking
Porcelain Veneer Procedure
Porcelain veneer fabrication takes 5 to 7 days to finish with 2 to 3 appointment visits. The procedure begins with a thorough teeth and gums examination, prepare teeth, take impression, and temporary veneer placement. Next appointment is scheduled after several days to fix-in veneers.
Avoid eating sticky, chewy and brittle foods like gum, caramels, and candies, ice cubes or even biting fingernails. Maintain good oral hygiene, brush at least twice a day and floss as often as possible and a regular visit to the dentist.