Orthodontic treatment is a series of procedures to align teeth to its desired and proper position to improve the appearance, bite and chewing function.
- Healthier mouth – crooked teeth are harder to clean, therefore, there is greater risk for tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Promote overall wellbeing – eliminate stress to jaw muscle when chewing that causes headache
- Eliminate pains associated with TMJ disorder such as shoulder and back pain
- Improves appearance
Conditions Requiring Orthodontic Treatment
If you have any of the following, you may be a candidate for orthodontic treatment:
- Underbite –lower front teeth stick out far too forward from the upper teeth
- Overbite —upper front teeth stick out far too forward from the lower teeth
- Open bite – upper and lower teeth do not clasp together when back teeth bite together
- Crossbite – upper teeth do not close over the lower teeth
- Crowding – too many teeth
- Over spacing of teeth due to missing teeth
- Misplaced midline – upper and lower teeth do bot line up at the center